- slay the Nemean Lion - where he got his lion-headed cloak
- slay the Hydra - probably the best known story
- capture the Golden Hind of Artemis - a hind is a deer
- capture the Erymanthian Boar - a boar is a pig (sorry, can't give effective color commentary on them all)
- clean the Augean stables in a day - he diverted a river to wash through the stables
- slay the Stymphalion Birds - alfred hitchcock, eat your heart out
- capture the Cretan Bull - we present to you, cretins from Bull...make that a bull from Crete
- steal the Mares of Diomedes - flesh eating horses. om nom nom
- obtain the Girdle of the Amazon Queen Hippolyta - if you learn one thing from this story, it's that chicks dig guys with muscles and wearing lion skins. or that if you kill a woman, you can take whatever you want from her, depending on which version of the story you read.
- obtain the Cattle of Geryon - Hera is a real bitch, just FYI
- steal the Apples of Hesperides - takes Atlas' place holding up the world for a moment
- capture Cerberus - nice doggy
That's why the cleaning of the Augean stables is my favorite of the labors. It required great physical effort on his part, but only in service to a mental capability that just wasn't expected of him.